Irmgards Cheesy Cornbread. In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar (if using) baking soda and salt. Mix in the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter. Stir in the corn kernels and cheese and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
Description This Cheesy Corn Cornbread is crispy on the outside and super moist on the inside. The spice from the jalapeno is well balanced with the gooey cheese and crisp corn you get in every bite. Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. You can have Irmgards Cheesy Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irmgards Cheesy Cornbread
- It’s 230 grams of plain flour.
- It’s 115 grams of fine yellow cornmeal.
- It’s 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of table salt.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk I used almond unsweetened.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 70 grams of grated mozzarella.
Use the back of the spoon to smooth batter into the pan. It's pretty enough to go from oven to table. I've included an affiliate link for your convenience. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pepper; make a well in center of flour mixture.
Irmgards Cheesy Cornbread instructions
- Pre heat oven (fan assisted ) to 190° & grease & line a 8-9" pan.
- Add eggs & milk together & mix.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Pour egg & milk mix into dry ingredients and mix making sure all dry ingredients are wet.
- Pour into tin & bake middle shelf for 20+ minutes until a cake tester pushed into centre comes out clean. Mine took 20 minutes.
- Cool, turn out from tin then cut up into sizes required..
- Enjoy.i served mine with homemade ice cream..
Add buttermilk and eggs to well, and whisk to loosen eggs. Gently incorporate dry ingredients, then mix in cheese. The Mexican cornbread starts with that Jiffy Cornbread Mix we all know and love, but then it's jam-packed with cheese and corn and a little extra spice in the form of Rotel tomatoes with chilis. It's buttery and moist, no dry crumbling cornbread here. Stir in the corn kernels, green chiles, and cheddar cheese.