Kabocha Pumpkin Pie.
You can have Kabocha Pumpkin Pie using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Pumpkin Pie
- It’s 150 g of flour.
- It’s 75 g of butter.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of water.
- You need 400 g of pumpkin/kabocha squash.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of double cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 of egg.
Kabocha Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. There is a saying "people with cold hands are good at making pastry," so keep the butter in fridge until you need it. Prepare a bowl, add flour and butter. Mix them with your fingers, but do not knead the mixture..
- When you get a crumbly, sand like texture, add water slowly until the texture becomes soft like your earlobe. Continue to mix, but do not knead..
- Make a dough, and wrap it in plastic film and chill for a minimum of 30 min in the fridge..
- Cut a pumpkin into small bite-sized pieces (about 3 cm cubes) and put them into a microwaveable container. Heat in a microwave for about 3 min until the pumpkin becomes soft..
- Put the pumpkin pieces into a bowl. Mash them until it becomes roughly creamy in texture. Add sugar and keep mixing..
- Pour the beaten eggs, the half cup of milk and double cream in the bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon powder. Mix well..
- Roll out the pastry to about 2 mm thickness and then lay it into a pie tray. Shape the edge by pushing it with the tongs of a fork..
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on the pasty. Bake for about 45 min. Let cool a little before enjoying this gorgeous treat!.