Peach Cobbler From Scratch. How to make Peach Cobbler: Add the sliced peaches, sugar and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helped to bring out some juice from the peaches. Remove from heat and set aside.
Pour mixture uniformly over the batter and do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired. Add filling ingredients EXCEPT brown sugar (basically, your peaches, sugar, lemon juice, flour salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla extract) to a large bowl and stir gently to combine. You can have Peach Cobbler From Scratch using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peach Cobbler From Scratch
- You need 8 of – Fresh peaches peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges.
- You need 1/4 of – Cup Sugar.
- You need 1/4 of – Cup light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/8 of – Tsp ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 of – Tsp ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of – Tsp cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of – Juice from a lemon.
- Prepare of For the Cobbler Topping.
- It’s 2 of – Cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of – Cup sugar.
- It’s 1/3 of – Cup light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of – Tsp baking power.
- It’s 1 of – Tsp salt.
- It’s 12 of – Tbsps. unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 of – Cup boiling water.
- You need 1/4 of – Tsp Nutmeg.
- Prepare of For Sprinkling.
- It’s 3 of – Tbsps. Sugar.
Add peach mixture in an even layer. Pour the batter into the melted butter, but don't stir them together. The butter will give the peach cobbler a wonderful crust as it bakes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Peach Cobbler From Scratch instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup light brown sugar,1/4 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2 quart baking dish (12"X 7-1/2").
- Bake for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare cobbler topping. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. Blend in melted butter with your hands or use a pastry blender, until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in boiling water until mixture is combined..
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Spread to cover peaches..
- Sprinkle entire cobbler with sugar..
- Set your baking dish on a baking sheet because this cobble has a tenancy to boil over and burn on the bottom of your oven..
- Bake until topping is golden (about 35 minutes).
- Top with ice cream if so desired..
Pour batter over butter (do not stir). Pour the batter over the top of the melted butter. ️ SUBSCRIBE HERE: http://bit.ly/divascancookfan There is something to be said about a made-from scratch peach cobbler! It's such a simple dish when you thin. Melt butter in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Add the sugar and water and cook until sugar is dissolved.