SPONGE CAKE (MKATE WA MAYAI).
You can cook SPONGE CAKE (MKATE WA MAYAI) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of SPONGE CAKE (MKATE WA MAYAI)
- You need 6 of eggs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need Half of cup sugar.
- It’s Half of cup flour.
- It’s of Iliki (ground cardamom).
SPONGE CAKE (MKATE WA MAYAI) instructions
- In a mixer, add everything except the flour. Mix until the batter is light and fluffy, and the mixture has tripled in size..
- Now sieve the flour and add in the batter in two part, using a folding method to mix in the flour..
- Place in a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before removing from the pan. Enjoy.
- Optional, you can add raisins on top..