Jalapeno Corn Scalloped Potatoes with garlic and lime bechamel. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Submit a Recipe Correction Place your potato slices in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour in the cream and stir in the crushed garlic, parmesan cheese, jalapeno, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
Add a single layer of thinly sliced potatoes. Spoon more sauce over potatoes and top with cooked bacon and jalapeños. How to make a tasty cheesy version of traditional scalloped potato recipes. You can have Jalapeno Corn Scalloped Potatoes with garlic and lime bechamel using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Corn Scalloped Potatoes with garlic and lime bechamel
- Prepare 8 of large potatoes sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of onion sliced.
- It’s 3 cups of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeno.
- You need 3 cups of bechamel sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded strong firm ripened cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- Prepare 5 cloves of grated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
See recipes for Béchamel sauce, Pumpkin with Sweet Bechamel too. Peel potatoes and slice very thin. Layer ha/f of the potatoes and half of the onion into the casserole. Repeat layers of potatoes and onion.
Jalapeno Corn Scalloped Potatoes with garlic and lime bechamel instructions
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes and onions on a mandoline..
- In a greased oven dish, layer a third of the sliced potatoes evenly on bottom of oven dish, sprinkle half the corn, jalapeno and onions onto potato layer. Add a third of the garlic and lime bechamel sauce (grated garlic, salt, pepper and lime juice added to bechamel once prepared) and a third of cheese sprinkled to finish layer..
- Continue to build layers with remaining potatoes and other ingredients. Finish with a final layer of sliced potatoes, bechamel sauce and cheese. Place cubed salted butter on top of the final layer..
- Bake covered with foil in a preheated 375° C oven for 45 mins. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 mins till potatoes are tender. Brown the top of the dish using the broiler until golden brown..
- Let cool 5-10minutes before serving..
Add butter to medium saucepan, and heat over MED heat. Both whole kernel corn and creamy corn are combined with sour cream, an egg, onion, corn bread mix, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos for a creamy, cheesy, sweet and spicy Cheesu Jalapeno Corn Casserole. This is a side dish that is guaranteed to make your mouth water! Add the drained corn to the slow cooker. Add the cheese, jalapenos, onion powder, salt and pepper.