Scalloped Potatoes. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce. It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night!
Serve up a heaping side of scalloped potatoes, a tried-and-true comfort food favorite. Combine sliced potatoes and milk in a large saucepan over high heat. Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is level with the final layer of potatoes. You can have Scalloped Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 4 of potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella.
- You need 1 cup of taco blend cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cajun seasoning.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Then, mix in flour, salt, and milk slowly..
- Stir until thick and bubbly, remove from heat, then add in half of each cheese..
- Season potatoes with Cajun seasoning. Then Place half potatoes into oven safe dish and pour half of the cheese sauce on top, repeat the layers. Cover and Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
Scalloped Potatoes This creamy, stick-to-your-ribs potato casserole is a perfect accompaniment to an enticing beef roast or baked ham. It's an easy recipe to double when feeding a crowd or a hungry family like mine.&Mdash; Wendell Obermeier, Charles City, Iowa The BEST Scalloped Potatoes made with thinly sliced russet potatoes layered in a creamy cheese sauce then baked until golden brown. Drain the potatoes thoroughly, and layer in the prepared pan. These are hands-down the best scalloped potatoes you'll ever have. They are the perfect side dish for any evening or holiday feast and this recipe uses no heavy whipping cream.