Cast Iron scalloped potatoes. Set aside half the garlic and rosemary. With the remaining half, sprinkle a handful of chopped garlic and rosemary on the potato layer, and a pinch of salt. Scratch made scalloped potatoes are a perfect item to crisp up perfectly in a cast iron skillet and look rustic & beautiful and taste amazing.
Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and then cover the top layer of potatoes with the remaining cheese. Layer the potatoes in the baker, remove the thyme from the half & half, and pour over the potatoes. Cover the baker with foil and place on a sheet pan (see cook's tip). You can have Cast Iron scalloped potatoes using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cast Iron scalloped potatoes
- You need 6 of russet potatoes sliced thin.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced onions.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy cream (can use 1 cup cream and 1 cup warm milk).
- Prepare of to taste Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of flour.
Cherry Cheesy, creamy and cherry wood smoked, these potatoes are oozing with savory flavor. Scalloped potatoes are layered high with a cheddar cream sauce in classic cast-iron and baked to bubbly perfection. Butter the inside of a cast iron skillet and layer half the potato slices on the bottom. Cast-Iron Potato Gratin Whether you call this gratin dauphinoise, like the French, or scalloped potatoes, as folks do in the Midwest, this luxuriously creamy potato casserole, topped with a golden brown crown of GruyÁ¨re and Comté, is comfort food at its best.
Cast Iron scalloped potatoes instructions
- In 10” cast iron skillet sauté onion in butter on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put sliced potatoes in large bowl and add in butter and onion mixture. Mix well..
- Place potatoes in cast iron skillet and salt & pepper well.
- Sprinkle flour on top of the potatoes and pour cream over the top..
- Place skillet in oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through..
Directions In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in broth, cream, salt and pepper. In a heavy nonstick skillet, melt ½ tablespoon butter. Off heat, spread half of potato slices in skillet and top with red onion. Sprinkle on half the flour, salt and pepper.