Scalloped Potatos. Find Deals on Scalloped Potatos in Groceries on Amazon. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce. It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night!
Serve up a heaping side of scalloped potatoes, a tried-and-true comfort food favorite. Heat milk in a saucepan until warm. Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is level with the final layer of potatoes. You can have Scalloped Potatos using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatos
- Prepare 4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheese, to sprinkle on top.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Scalloped Potatos instructions
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute..
- Add all of the cold milk, stirring with a whisk..
- Season with salt and cayenne..
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk..
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese..
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish..
- Pour half of the cheese sauce over potatoes..
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce..
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top..
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top..
Pour the sauce on top of the potatoes, then sprinkle with parmesan. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top, then serve. You may peel them first if you like. In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes. Put some onion of top if you like.