Scalloped Potatoes. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce. It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night!
Serve up a heaping side of scalloped potatoes, a tried-and-true comfort food favorite. Combine sliced potatoes and milk in a large saucepan over high heat. Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is level with the final layer of potatoes. You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- You need 5 of medium Potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- It’s 1/3 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/3 cup of velvet cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 packages of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- It’s of garlic powder.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Scalloped Potatoes step by step
- Boil potatoes, let cool peel or not and slice as desired a separate bowl..
- Add chopped onions and 1tbsp butter in a bowl and toss..
- In a saucepan blend velvet, sour cream, milk, flour and cream cheese…salt, garlic powder and pepper as needed..
- Pour 1/2 of the cheese mixture over potatoes and onions and some of the shredded cheese and toss..
- Place everything in baking dish of choice and cover with shredded cheese and top with other 2 tbsp of butter bake for 20 to 30 min or until desired potatoe texture required…you can cover with foil while baking if desired..
Scalloped Potatoes This creamy, stick-to-your-ribs potato casserole is a perfect accompaniment to an enticing beef roast or baked ham. It's an easy recipe to double when feeding a crowd or a hungry family like mine.&Mdash; Wendell Obermeier, Charles City, Iowa The BEST Scalloped Potatoes made with thinly sliced russet potatoes layered in a creamy cheese sauce then baked until golden brown. Drain the potatoes thoroughly, and layer in the prepared pan. These are hands-down the best scalloped potatoes you'll ever have. They are the perfect side dish for any evening or holiday feast and this recipe uses no heavy whipping cream.