Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage. his cottage pie is packed with black beans and veggies like carrots, cabbage, and spinach that have been cooked in a savory sauce with caramelized onions. Put the dish together by placing the filling in a baking dish and topping with the potato and cauliflower mash. Cottage Pie – comfort food central!
This hearty classic is made even more delicious by its veg topping. Once the fresh vegetables are cooked through, add the tomato passata and vegetable stock, along with salt and pepper to taste and a. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. You can have Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove crushed.
- You need 500 g of lamb or beef mince.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 200 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato cubed.
- Prepare 1 of large potato cubes.
- Prepare 4 of carrots chopped (300g).
- You need 50 g of butter for mash.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of soy sauce/ Worcestershire sauce.
Check out my tip for ensuring also I love serving it with some picked red cabbage or beetroot too. If you love cottage pie, why not try my Shepherd's pie version with lamb mince, or. Dollop mashed vegetables over meat and spread to edges of baking dish. Carrot Top Adding carrots to the traditional mashed-potato topping makes this dish more nutritious and gives it a gorgeous color.
Cottage pie with vegetable mash top and black cabbage instructions
- Fry onion in oil in large frying pan for 5 minutes. Also oil a large pan of water. Add garlic to frying pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add mince and cooked for 15 minutes to ensure brown. Preheat oven to 180c (fan)..
- Add chopped root vegetables to boiling water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Check soft before draining..
- Add herbs and tomato purée to mince mixture. Mix well..
- Add beef stock and soy sauce to mince mixture and mix well..
- Cook mince mixture until thickened. Add to pie dishes..
- Mash vegetables with butter to desired consistency..
- Top pie dishes with mash. Cook in oven for 20 minutes..
- Boil black cabbage for 2 minutes or as per packet instructions. Add butter and seasoning if desired..
- Serve pie dish and cabbage.
To get really smooth, creamy mash, use a potato ricer or sieve. To stop the mash sinking into the filling, allow the meat to cool before topping with the mashed Try this next-level, indulgent cottage pie from our sister title olivemagazine.com/cottage-pie. A vegetarian take on a classic cottage pie. Beans and veggie mince replace meat, and root vegetables give the mash a unique twist. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.