My Minty Shephards Pie 💚.
You can cook My Minty Shephards Pie 💚 using 12 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Minty Shephards Pie 💚
- You need 450 g of Lambs Minced meat.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots chopped Small.
- Prepare 1 Handful of fresh Mint or 1 tsp dried mint.
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped Small.
- It’s 4 of large Maris Piper potatoes halved.
- It’s 2 of lamb stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 pint of Boiling water.
- You need 2 tsp of Corn flour mixed in a little water about 4 tbls.
- Prepare of For The Potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbls of Butter.
- It’s 2 tbls of Cream (optional).
- Prepare 4 tbls of grated cheese of your choice.(i used Monterey jack).
My Minty Shephards Pie 💚 step by step
- Heat up the oil and add the onions and salt and pepper.
- Fry for 1 minute then add the minced lamb and mix in.
- Once the lamb is all coloured add the mint and carrots.
- Mix all in then disolve the stock cubes in the boiling water.
- Then add to the lamb and stir and mix in. Cook low for 20 minutes..
- Add the potatoes to boil for around 20 minutes.
- Thicken the lamb with the Corn flour if its not thick add a little more cornflour to cold water..
- Then add 1 tsp of mint Sauce and mix..
- Transfer the thick minced lamb to a greased oven dish leave to cool leaving an inch for the mashed potatoe to go on top..
- Mash the potatoes with Butter and then add the cream and mash..
- Then layer the lovely mashed potatoe all over the top.with a flat knife smooth it out then with a fork.
- Add the mash to the top of the lamb Smooth the mash level the mash..
- Then pattern the potatoes with a fork.
- Add the grated cheese on top.
- Add to a preheated oven on medium heat for 30 minutes serve Hot with a nice crisp Salad..