Scalloped potatoes. Find Deals on Scalloped Potatos in Groceries on Amazon. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce. It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night!
Serve up a heaping side of scalloped potatoes, a tried-and-true comfort food favorite. Combine sliced potatoes and milk in a large saucepan over high heat. Pour enough warm milk over the mixture in the baking dish so the top of the liquid is level with the final layer of potatoes. You can cook Scalloped potatoes using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped potatoes
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 3 of peeled& thinly sliced potatoes.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish. Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Scalloped potatoes instructions
- In a sauce pan, cook onion in butter till tender. Stir in flour and salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Mix in 3/4 cup of cheese. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish. Cover with half the sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake covered at 350°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4. (If you don?t want to use the cheese and just have plain scalloped potatoes, omit the cheese and increase the salt to 1/2 tsp..
- If you love it cheesy and extra cheese! I DO!.
Scalloped Potatoes This creamy, stick-to-your-ribs potato casserole is a perfect accompaniment to an enticing beef roast or baked ham. It's an easy recipe to double when feeding a crowd or a hungry family like mine.&Mdash; Wendell Obermeier, Charles City, Iowa The BEST Scalloped Potatoes made with thinly sliced russet potatoes layered in a creamy cheese sauce then baked until golden brown. These are hands-down the best scalloped potatoes you'll ever have. They are the perfect side dish for any evening or holiday feast and this recipe uses no heavy whipping cream. In the dish, arrange the potato slices in layers, sprinkling each layer with onion, cheese, salt and pepper.