Scalloped Potatoes with a twist. Find Deals on Scalloped Potatos in Groceries on Amazon. Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently. Our recipe for Scalloped Potatoes with a Cheesy Twist combines two of our delicious soups with potatoes, bacon and garlic for a creamy, cheesy, flavorful side dish that pairs perfectly with beef, chicken or pork.
For one thing, it uses sweet potatoes as well as white, which makes it more nutritious and gives it a 'fun' appearance, with its layers of contrasting colour. These thinly sliced spuds are layered with the perfect blend of four distinct cheeses. Repeat until you use all the slices of potatoes. You can have Scalloped Potatoes with a twist using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes with a twist
- You need 5 of Golden Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 5 tbs of butter (hold 1 tbs for onions).
- You need 1 of small onion sliced like you would do onion rings but thin.
- You need 4 tbs of flour.
- It’s 4 tbs of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of shredded blended cheese.
In a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. While the potatoes are cooking, scramble fry the ground beef with the onion in a large pan. Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and salsa and stir. Arrange one layer of the potato slices at the bottom of the casserole dish in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper.
Scalloped Potatoes with a twist instructions
- In a saute pan, cook onion in butter till they start to separate and are tender and translucent and set side in a bowl. Season to taste. Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish..
- Add butter in a pan until melted, now add flour, milk and mushroom soup stiring frequently..
- Cover with half layer the sauce, half layer of onions and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers..
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Bake covered at 425°F for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more or till potatoes are tender. Let stand 5 minutes. Serves 4..
- Optional: On the last layer, after the onions, I cut up 2 tbs of extra butter into quarter pieces and place on top of the onions and then add cheese..
Repeat this process two more times. Creamy, dreamy, melt-in-your-mouth Scalloped Potatoes made super elegant thanks to a simple twist. Perfect for any occasion, they are guaranteed to please! Scalloped Potatoes — they've always been my ultimate favorite way of enjoying potatoes. And that's favorite with a capital F.