Nigerian beans soup. Nigerian Soups are those special sauces that accompany the major Nigerian food commonly known as Fufu. Fufu is a generic name for food you swallow during the eating process. This makes beans a must-have staple in Nigerian dishes.
So, I'll let you all watch to find out. In a clean pot, add the peeled beans and enough water to make it tender soft and smooth. In Nigeria, Gbegiri (Western Nigerian) and sansanni (Northern Nigerian) soups are among the beans soup Gbegiri soup is a common Nigerian beans soup. You can have Nigerian beans soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nigerian beans soup
- You need 4 cups of peeled and washed beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of palm oil.
- You need 5 cubes of seasonings or as required.
- You need of Grated red pepper.
- It’s of Sliced onions.
- Prepare of Meat of interest.
- Prepare of Locust beans as required.
It is a traditional Yoruba food made with. Beans Soup popular known as 'Gbegiri' among the Yorubas (Western Part of Nigeria). The delicious soup its own, it looks like baby food but it comes alive when you add Ewedu Soup and meat from. Making bitterleaf soup (ofe Onugbu) in Nigeria, also learn about other soups and all the ingredients used in making bitterleaf soup and so much about other Nigerian soups.
Nigerian beans soup instructions
- In a clean pot, add the peeled beans and enough water to make it tender soft and smooth. Add enough sliced onions and water. The onions always make it tender soft and smooth quickly..
- Watch as it soft for any additional water if required. When soft enough, sieve out the smooth paste and set aside..
- In another clean pot, slightly fry the palm oil with little onion. Add required grated pepper, onion, washed Locust beans, meat, salt and seasonings. Allow to steam for few minutes. Add in the seived bean paste. Allow to steam further for few minutes and your soup is ready to go with any swallow of interest 😋.
Gbegiri is soup made from beans and it is easy to make and very tasty. This is a traditional Nigerian recipe that is specific to the Yoruba People. Many Nigerian Soups have their variations. Gbegiri is a traditional Nigerian bean soup consisting of honey beans (also called brown beans), smoked or fresh fish, ground crayfish, palm oil, stock, irú (locust beans), salt, and pepper. onions, in beans soup i have never seem onions in any beans soup. Gbegiri soup (Beans soup) is one of the popular soups in Nigeria, some people actually patronize the Buka (restaurants) because of Gbegiri and their signature stew Buka Stew Recipe.