Scalloped Potato Pie. Glaze with a little milk or beaten egg yolk if desired. To make the scalloped potato topping: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the potatoes from continuing to cook.
Top skillet with the prepared scalloped potatoes, cover with oven safe lid or foil. Arrange a layer of the blanched potato on top of the beef mixture and pour over half of the cream. Arrange the remaining potato on top, seasoning between the layers. You can cook Scalloped Potato Pie using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potato Pie
- Prepare 10 of potatoes.
- Prepare 500 gm of Minced beef.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of tomato paste.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Some melted butter for brushing.
Pour over the remaining cream and sprinkle over the cheese. To Make Ahead: Cottage Pie will keep in the fridge for three days; refrigerate covered with plastic wrap and foil (or use a pan that has a sealable lid). Freezing Instructions: Cottage pie freezes really well. This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce.
Scalloped Potato Pie instructions
- Peel and clean potatoes and slice thinly using a mandolin or knife. Soak in cold water.
- Put minced beef in a cooking pot and add chopped onions, ginger, garlic, taco seasoning and soy sauce.
- Put the cooking pot on the cooker on medium high heat. Stir to mix everything together and cover. Let the meat cook for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so..
- The meat is ready when the liquid has dried up and the oils from the meat has released into the pot and the bottom of the pan has started browning.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and tomato paste and mix. Cover and let it cook for 15 minutes on low heat..
- While the meat is cooking, drain the potatoes and dry them off using a kitchen towel.
- After 15 minutes tomatoes should have cooked and the meat should look something like this. Not too dry and not too wet. It is ready.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Transfer the cooked meat into a greased oven safe dish and spread it evenly..
- Start layering the dry potato slices on top of the meat. Season the potatoes with some salt and black pepper before adding another layer.
- Keep adding layers until all the potatoes are done, remembering to season between layers. Once done cover the dish with foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes uncover and brush potatoes with some melted butter..
- Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are nice and golden brown..
- Let it rest on the counter for 15 minutes before serving.
It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night! Combine the cheddar, parmesan, chives, flour and cayenne in a large bowl. Vegetable Pot Pie with Scalloped Potato Crust! This easy vegetarian pot pie is perfect for the holidays. Creamy pot pie filling topped with The Little Potato Company scalloped potatoes.