You can cook Ekpang nkwukwo using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ekpang nkwukwo
- You need of Water yam 1/2 kilo.
- It’s of Cocoyam 1/2 kilo.
- You need of Shoko leaves 1 bunch.
- Prepare of Periwinkles (either shelled or with the shell) as desired.
- It’s of Roast fish as desired.
- Prepare of Powdered Crayfish.
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- Prepare of Pepper (to taste).
- It’s of Palm oil.
- It’s of Scent leaves 1/2 a bunch.
- You need of Meat as desired.
Ekpang nkwukwo step by step
- Peel, cut and wash the yam and cocoyams.
- Grate the yam and cocoyam together in a bowl.
- Season grated yam and cocoyam with salt and pepper and mix well in the bowl.
- Cut water proof (the ones for moi moi) into four parts. Be sure to cut as many as you'd need..
- Wrap small portions of the yam and cocoyam mix in the cut water proof.
- Place in a clean pot and pour hot boiling water over it, then, put it on the burner and let it cook for at least, 15 minutes, or until the mix is well cooked.
- Sieve out the water and remove the yam and cocoyam mix form the water proof. You can cut the yam and cocoyam into smaller bite sizes like I did, or proceed as is..
- Boil your fish, meat, and periwinkles, properly seasoning with salt, pepper and crayfish. (feel free to add stock cubes if you wish).
- Add the yam and cocoyam into the stock, add the oil, adjust seasoning and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Shred your vegetables and add to the pot. Cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes, stir and bring down from the burner..