Oh My Scalloped Potatoes!. Melt butter in pan and add sliced potatoes, minced garlic, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Occasionally check to make sure the potatoes aren't stuck to the pan. NOTE: For a twist on the traditional, spice up your Scalloped Potatoes with these tips.
You can try out these sauce thickening tips, too! Scalloped potatoes are a classic, indulgent side dish. Thinly sliced potatoes are layered with a creamy sauce, then baked til golden brown. You can have Oh My Scalloped Potatoes! using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oh My Scalloped Potatoes!
- It’s 4 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 of Gouda Cheese Smoked Slices.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s of Garlic Salt.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
It's rich, cheesy, and super flavorful. There's no doubt your guests will be coming back for seconds on this one. Dot pieces of one stick butter on top of butter. Serve up a heaping side of scalloped potatoes, a tried-and-true comfort food favorite.
Oh My Scalloped Potatoes! instructions
- Peel and slice potatoes, I like them thin..
- Melt butter in pan and add sliced potatoes, minced garlic, salt, pepper and garlic salt..
- Make sure all ingredients are coated then cook at medium heat for 10 minutes..
- Occasionally check to make sure the potatoes aren't stuck to the pan..
- After 10 minutes, turn heat down to low..
- Cook for 5 more minutes, most of the milk should evaporate and become nice and thick. Add slices of cheese and turn off heat but keep covered..
- Serve as a side dish or scarf them alone!.
Add potatoes, standing them on their salted end. Arrange one layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Here's how I make my scallop potatoes and have never had any problems with it. If your potatoes are sliced thick; add a bit more flour, butter, and cheese in the layers and more baking time. Melt the butter in a dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.