Marmalade and walnut muffins. This muffins have an interesting flavour and texture. This muffins have an interesting flavour and texture. Directions In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the mix and to this pour in the orange /nectarine juice, the zest and marmalade. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, marmalade and oil. You can cook Marmalade and walnut muffins using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marmalade and walnut muffins
- It’s 300 g of self raising flour.
- You need 125 g of butter in cubes.
- Prepare 125 g of golden caster sugar.
- It’s 75 g of walnut pieces plus extra for decoration.
- You need of Zest of lemon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk.
- It’s 125 g of marmalade.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Use a pastry cutter to mix in shortening (or butter/shortening if desired).
Marmalade and walnut muffins step by step
- Rub the butter with the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the lemon zest and walnut pieces..
- Mix the eggs milk and marmalade.
- Add the sugar and marmalade mixture into the crumble and mix together.
- Pour spoonfuls of mixture into prepared muffins tin..
- For decoration you can use some walnut pieces with a bit of melted butter and a splash of maple syrup. Spoon over muffins and bake on a moderately hot oven. 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- I forgot to add the decorations so baked muffins nearly to the end and added walnuts for the last 3 minutes.
Mix marmalade, orange juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat eggs and pour into the bowl. Our favorite muffin recipes include chocolate chip and banana, pumpkin muffins, and scallion-corn muffins. Read on for even more of our best muffin recipes. I share the recipe with anyone that tastes them.