You can have Egusi Ijebu using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egusi Ijebu
- You need of Melon seeds (Egusi).
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Meat.
- You need of Dry fish.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Ponmo.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Egusi Ijebu instructions
- Boil meat with seasoning and salt till half cooked. Add the dry fish, ponmo and allow all to get soften. Turn off the heat and save the meat stock.
- While meat et al is boiling, grind your egusi and pepper with water. You can grind smoothly using a blender or take it to the mill..
- In a separate pot, pour palm oil in a pot once hot, add chopped onions fry it a little then add the blended egusi and pepper. Allow it to cook thoroughly you will begin to notice the oil floating on the soup. Next, add the meat et al,seasoning and add the meat stock you saved earlier, let it cook just for a little while. Turn off the heat.
- Simmer for 5 mins and serve. It is best enjoyed with any swallow of your choice..