You can cook Cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cookies
- You need of soft butter (at room temperature).
- Prepare of granulated brown sugar.
- Prepare of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare of egg (at room temperature).
- You need of vanilla.
- It’s of all-purpose flour (if you want the cookie more like a cake add another 1/2 cup of flour, and if you want it chew decrease the amount to 1-1/4 cups of flour).
- It’s of salt.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- Prepare of chocolate chips/chunks.
- Prepare of Optional: 1/2 of nuts.
- You need of Optional: pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- In a bowl mix the butter with sugar till it become creamy and increase in volume. Scrap down the edges when needed. add the egg and vanilla and beat..
- Then add the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Beat everything..
- Add chocolate and nuts (optional). Mix with a spatula..
- Leave the batter to rest in the fridge for 30 mins. Scope out equal amounts of the dough on a parchment paper, then leave it to rest for an extra hour in the fridge. If you want it more crispy leave it for more extra hour in the fridge. If you want it chew enough with half an hour in the fridge..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 mins or till it starts to form golden edges. Leave it to rest on a rack. Store it in a jar/plastic container with a piece of tissue to absorb excess moisture and keeps them crispy for longer time.