Chicken Pot Pie.
You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 1 of Sheet of Puff Pastry.
- It’s 2 large of Diced Carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of Diced Onion.
- It’s 2 of stock Diced Celery.
- You need 1 1/2 of Boneless Chicken Thighs Cut into 1inch Pieces.
- It’s 3 cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped Broccoli.
- You need 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 of Salt & Pepper to Taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Parsley.
- You need 1 of Egg Beaten.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and get it so it's nice and hot. Add the chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes. Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery, and broccoli and cook them for about 5-7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and develop some color around the edges..
- Add the butter and stir until it melts, then add the flour and mix everything together with the veggies and chicken to make sure the roux is coating everything and let it cook for about 1 minute so that the roux doesn't taste gluey..
- Add the chicken stock and the thyme and bring it to a boil, let it cook for about 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream, peas, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it cook for about 10 more minutes, meanwhile preheat your oven to 400°F..
- Grease 4 large oven proof bowls and set aside. Roll out the puff pastry onto a lightly floured board and using the bowl as a guide, cut the dough into the same shape as the bowl making sure it's about 1 inch bigger so it will stick to the sides..
- Evenly distribute the filling between the bowls and using a pastry brush, brush the sides of the bowls with the egg wash and cover them with the puff pastry making sure to seal the the sides against the bowl..
- Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, make a little incision with a fork or knife so it doesn't puff up and explode. Place the filled bowls on a baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown..
- Set aside and let cool before serving..