Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie.
You can have Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 250 g of cold margarine.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- You need of Scotch bonnets.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Onions.
- You need of Irish potatoes.
- It’s of Carrots.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Corn flour.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Curry.
- You need cubes of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Ginger (fresh or dried).
- Prepare of Ajinomoto.
Typical Nigerian oven baked meat pie step by step
- In a bowl, add all ur dry ingredients (flour,salt,sugar,baking powder) and mix.
- Add the cold butter in cuts into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is mixed together.
- Break the egg and add then mix again.
- Add cold water in bits until a dough is formed. NB: do not add too much water, sprinkle the water if necessary so as not to make the dough watery or soggy… the dough would look like this. Keep it in the fridge for Atleast 30mins..
- For the filling, heat up little oil and add ur minced meat. Add garlic,onions,scotch bonnets,salt,seasoning,thyme,curry,ajinomoto (optional)..
- Allow to cook for about 5mins, then add water and add ur potatoes. Allow to cook until the potatoes are cooked. Then you add carrots and onions.
- Mix corn starch and water, and then add then allow to simmer for a minute then turn off the heat. That is the final product in the pic.
- Take out ur dough from the fridge and cut them into 8.
- Roll each piece and place on a pie cutter, rub egg to the edges and add the filling and clip.
- After clipping, and removing the edges, butter up ur tray and arrange. After that rub egg onto the pies(for glowing🤣). Add to ur preheated oven and bake till golden brown. And walaaaa! Ur final product.