Easy Shepherd’s Pie.
You can have Easy Shepherd’s Pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 20 g of butter.
- You need 3 of carrots, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves peeled and crushed.
- You need 4-500 g of lean beef mince.
- You need 2 tablespoons of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of tomato purée.
- It’s of 400 ml chicken stock.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 200 g of frozen peas.
- You need 600 g of rooster potatoes peeled and and cut.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie instructions
- Melt 10g of butter in the pan and add the onion carrots and garlic. Cook for five minutes to soften.
- Add the lean mince to the onion garlic and carrots and break up any lumps with a spoon. Cook until browned..
- Add the flour and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute ensuring it is stirred in. Add the chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally..
- Turn off the heat and add the frozen peas to the pan. Place the mixture in an oven proof dish. Set aside and allow a skin to form whilst preparing the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 180C /350F.
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until softened. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add black pepper and beat in a teaspoon of butter. Spoon the mash over the mince..
- Bake in the oven for 40minutes until golden and bubbling!.