Egusi soup with pounded yam. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. You can have Egusi soup with pounded yam using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egusi soup with pounded yam
- It’s of Poundo yam flour.
- You need of Meat.
- You need of Egusi.
- You need of Fresh pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Bitterleaf.
- You need of Crayfish.
- You need of Palmoil.
- It’s of Onion.
- You need of Stockcubes.
Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables.
Egusi soup with pounded yam step by step
- Boil the meat season it with salt,onion and stock cubes.Heat up pot,fry the egusi then allow to cool and blend to be smooth.bleach palmoil and fry the egusi always stir as is frying.pour in the meat and stock more water to the quantity you want..
- Allow it to boil,pit in other seasoning salt,pepper,crayfish,stockcubes after twelve minutes.rinse and pour in the bitterleaves.boil for another 4mins..
- Boil a cup of water sprinkle in the poundo yam and stir with a stir for 5minutes pour in little water and let it boil small allow to cool then serve..
Find out how to cook egusi soup with this It is one of the most popular soups prepared by most tribes in Nigeria with considerable variation and often eaten with dishes like Pounded Yams. Egusi Soup is a finger-licking good Nigerian soup made with a white variety of pumpkin seeds. It is spicy, nutty with exotic African flavors! These days, yam flour is available in African stores and on Amazon so you can easily make your own pounded yam at home. There's nothing quite like egusi soup.