Apple Crumble Muffins. One test kitchen professional said these Apple Crumb Muffins are like a classic apple muffin "with a nutty essence." We love these Apple Crumb Muffins because the texture is spot-on; one test kitchen professional said they "aren't so soft they will fall apart, but they are almost cake-like in their softness." Make a batch of these tender muffins to have for breakfasts on the go, bake. These apple crumble muffins are soft and fluffy, stuffed with small chunks of fresh apples and topped with rich cinnamon crumble topping. Soft and fluffy apple crumble muffins are stuffed with apple pieces and piled high with a buttery crumble topping.
Apple Crumble Muffins These moist apple crumble muffins are lightly spiced, filled with fresh apples, and topped with an oat, nutty crumb topping. The recipe is sponsored by Cabot Cheese. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a large bowl and combine with a wire whisk. You can cook Apple Crumble Muffins using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Crumble Muffins
- Prepare of Batter.
- It’s Half of cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of coconut oil (or other vegetable oil).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1.25 cups of flour.
- Prepare Half of cup sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 of apples.
- It’s of Crumble.
- You need Half of cup flour.
- Prepare Half of cup brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need of Baking.
- You need 10-12 of muffin paper cups.
- You need 1 of muffin baking tray.
Add the unpeeled diced apples to the flour mixture and toss well to ensure the apples are well coated. Big, buttery cinnamon apple muffins with a brown sugar crumb topping and sweet vanilla icing. Better than a bakery, trust me! These giant, bakery-style apple crumb muffins aren't really a summertime recipe, but oh well.
Apple Crumble Muffins step by step
- Pour the milk into a large bowl. Add the coconut oil, 1 egg and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk to combine..
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour (1.25 cups) with the sugar (half cup), 2 tsps baking powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside..
- Peel and cut the apples into small pieces (about 1.5 inch). Add the cut apples into the flour mixture and stir well..
- Pour over the wet mixture and stir until combined..
- To prepare the crumble, put flour (half cup) into a medium-sized bowl. Add brown sugar (half cup) and butter (1/4 cup) and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix with your hands until crumbly..
- Place muffin paper cups in a muffin baking tray. Scoop the batter into the cups, then sprinkle the crumble on top..
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes in 350F/175C. Let the muffins cool before serving..
Apple anything makes my heart skip a beat! Filled with fresh apples, warm spices, and topped with a brown sugar crumble. If you have an apple or two on hand, you may want to give these spiced apple crumble muffins a try. For topping, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Turn mixer off, and using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold in the apples.