Date Bran Muffin. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir cereal and buttermilk mixtures into dry ingredients just until blended.
In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together -natural bran, flour, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients -one egg, one tablespoon of canola oil and buttermilk. By now, the date mixture should have had enough time to cool down. You can have Date Bran Muffin using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date Bran Muffin
- You need 100 gms of Wheat bran.
- It’s 100 gms of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 100 gms of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White vinegar.
- It’s 200 grams of Pitted dates.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Water.
We are now ready to put this healthy bran muffin recipe together. These date bran muffins made with All Bran cereal and buttermilk so that they are moist and fluffy on the day they are baked, and they firm up by the next day so they taste great toasted and slathered with salted butter Bran muffins don't have the best reputation. It's too bad because date bran muffins are actually a favourite of mine. Line nine muffin cups with paper or silicone liners.
Date Bran Muffin instructions
- Preheat oven for 20 minutes at 400F/200C..
- Grind the date and water to a fine paste and keep ready..
- In a mixing bowl add the wheat bran and wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Whisk all this well to combine without crumble..
- Take a separate bowl add eggs and sugar. Add vanilla extract, oil and vinegar. Mix thoroughly..
- Add ground date to wet ingredients mix and mix together. Now add this to dry ingredients bowl and combine gently..
- Scoop this batter in buttered muffin cups. Just fill all the way then only it looks beautiful when it rise out..
- Bake in preheated over for 17 to 20 minutes. Check after 17 minutes whether it done completely with tooth pick. Tooth pick should come out very clean. If it's not done bake until done..
- Cool down a bit and remove from the muffin rack and transfer this to wire rack and cool down completely..
- You can store this in air tight container upto 3 days..
In a bowl, combine the cereal, milk, vinegar and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, fennel seeds (if using) and salt. Mix bran cereal and milk in a small bowl and allow cereal to soften and absorb most of the milk. In a mixing bowl, combine cereal/milk, egg and butter, mixing well. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.