African chicken stew. African Chicken Stew – a stew like no other. It's easy, aromatic and flavorful with a thick rich tomato-based sauce. This is a slightly spicy, chicken and peanut stew that can be eaten on its own, or with rice.
You start by simmering the birds to make stock, which. Inspired by authentic West African cooking, this delicious stew combines vegetables and peanut butter with a little heat from a medley of spices. Reviews for: Photos of African Chicken Stew. You can have African chicken stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of African chicken stew
- It’s 4 of leg portion chicken halved.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- You need 2/3 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes cubed.
- You need 1 of green pepper chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 of stock cube /1 cup chicken stock.
- You need of fresh parsley to garnish.
Tip in the tomatoes and the peanut stock, then stir in the chicken pieces. African Chicken Stew is made with tomatoes that are cooked down until the taste is mellow. But this recipe, this African Chicken Stew recipe, this recipe right here has me so excited. This West African Chicken Stew is perfect to make with leftover chicken, and it's wonderfully flavorful with ginger, jalapenos, and chunky peanut butter adding interest.
African chicken stew step by step
- In a bowl with the chicken pieces add the paprika, curry powder, salt and pepper and massage the seasonings into the meat add tsp chicken. Spice if you can get hold of it.
- In the pan add heat the oil add the garlic once it fragrant add the chicken and fry it to brown don’t mind if not cooked through.
- Add the onions and cook till soft add the tomatoes and cook five more minutes.
- Add the stock / cube and the rest of vegetables and cook covered this will Taue about 30 minutes or till enough soup is left in the pot.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or starch of choice.
This delicious stew is inspired by my friend from Sierra Leone who often cooks for her family. This is kind of a 'whatever is on hand' recipe. A Flavoursome African Stew with Slow-Cooked Herbed Chicken in a rich, spicy Tomato Sauce. Tomato stew is one of the most popular African recipes. African Red Chicken Stew is easily one of my favorite African dishes.