Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken stew Puerto Rican Pollo Guisado (Crockpot version) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken stew Puerto Rican Pollo Guisado (Crockpot version) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Really A Great Product And Can In Addition Be Advantageous For Your Health.
In this day and age of men and women are trying to live a healthier life and you will find that the use of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. You are in addition going to discover that there is not just one specific benefit that is associated with coconut oil but the benefits can be vast. One more thing I would like to point out concerning the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something which can be used internally or externally, it’s something which can be used for both. In the following paragraphs we’re going to be looking at a few of the benefits that are related to the use of coconut oil as compared with other oils.
For people who use oil when cooking you ought to be aware that the consumption of coconut oil does not make you fat unlike other oils that you might be using. The primary reason for this is the fact that the ingredients which are in coconut oil are easily transformed into energy and so the coconut oil is burned off very quickly. And because this produces energy you need to be aware that this can actually be far better for you than drinking coffee to provide you with you energy.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been totally proven is that it could have healing affects for example antiviral and anti bacterial. One of the best things you are going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil as opposed to the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. There are different vitamin businesses right now contemplating the thought of advertising coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to begin receiving the benefits from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken stew puerto rican pollo guisado (crockpot version) recipe. You can cook chicken stew puerto rican pollo guisado (crockpot version) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken stew Puerto Rican Pollo Guisado (Crockpot version):
- Provide of cooking oil.
- Provide of bone in chicken thighs or legs.
- Provide of Sofrito or 6 ounce bottle.
- Provide of bay leaves.
- Provide of Goya adobo all-purpose seasoning.
- Prepare of Sazon cilantro and tomato seasoning.
- Provide of powdered chicken bouillon.
- Provide of heaping tsp tomato paste.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Get of water.
- You need of carrots peeled and chunked.
- You need of extra cup cold water.
- Use of cornstarch.
- Use of stuffed pimento olives.
- Provide of yukon gold potatoes chunked.
Steps to make Chicken stew Puerto Rican Pollo Guisado (Crockpot version):
- Wash and pat dry chicken. Season all sides with Goya all-purpose seasoning. Turn large skillet on medium high heat and sear both sides to form a golden crust on the skin. But don’t cook through. (Note do not disturb while searing. It will autmotically lift off the surface of the pan in a few minutes when golden crust forms.) Place seared chicken in crockpot. Note: I usually have to sear 2 batches because this recipe is doubled..
- To the drippings, add oil. Fry sofrito for 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomato paste to the sautee pan. Mix and heat through. Slowly pour water while whisking mixture. Then add the chicken bouillon, sazon packets, oregano, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, scraping the drippings off the bottom of the pan with whisk..
- Pour mixture to crockpot. Sprinkle pimento olives on top. Cook on high for 3 hours. Turn crockpot to low. Add potatoes and carrots. Cook veggies until tender for about one more hour..
- In the end, whisk 1 cup cold water and cornstarch. Add to crockpot then stir to incorporate. Will slightly thicken it. Serve over rice..
If you find this Chicken stew Puerto Rican Pollo Guisado (Crockpot version) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.