You can have Welsh Cakes using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Welsh Cakes
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of equal parts cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- Prepare of egg.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of blueberries.
- It’s of dark chocolate chips.
Welsh Cakes step by step
- Mix sifted flour, spices and salt together in a large bowl.
- Using your fingertips rub the butter into the dried ingredients.
- Sift in the caster sugar and mix well.
- Beat together the egg and milk then mix in with the other ingredients until you have a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into two bowls adding chocolate chips to one bowl and blueberries to the other (mixing well).
- Roll each of the doughs between baking paper until about 0.5cm thickness and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out circles of the dough.
- Preheat a frying pan with a little butter, then carefully place in the welsh cakes.
- Cook the welsh cakes for 4 minutes then flip and cook for another 4 minutes until golden brown and risen slightly.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with a little caster sugar and serve.