Shepherd's pie# delightful baking.
You can have Shepherd's pie# delightful baking using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie# delightful baking
- Prepare 250 g of minced meat.
- You need 2 of sausages optional.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of ready peas.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- Prepare Bunch of Herbs of choice I used rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s 1 bunch of spring onion for garnish optional.
- You need of For the mash potatoes.
- It’s 500 g of potatoes.
- It’s 100 g of cheddar cheese grated optional.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- Prepare to taste of Salt n black pepper.
Shepherd's pie# delightful baking instructions
- Put all your ingredients together.peel and dice the potatoes.boil them in water seasoned with salt.When the potatoes are ready drain the water, add the egg yolk,milk,butter and cheese.then mash.taste and check seasoning you can add salt and pepper to your liking.
- In the meantime preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Now let's work on the filling.dice all your vegetables.sautee the onions in oil,when brown add the carrots,peas and tomato paste cook for 2 minutes.
- Add some water or stock and stir.
- Add the flour to thicken the sauce,cook till the carrots are ready.
- In the meantime remove the sausage from its wrap and add to the mince meat and mix.
- Sautee the meat with oil in a separate pan.this will retain its crunchy ness.
- Then add to the peas stew and stir.check seasoning and add salt if needed.you can also add rosemary.
- Put the stew in an oven safe dish.
- Now put the mash potatoes on top of the stew and stuff it evenly.tidy it up.
- Now take a fork and make. Vertical lines design with it..
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.serve when ready you can garnish with spring onion.