Abacha (African salad).
You can have Abacha (African salad) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Abacha (African salad)
- You need of Dried abacha (grated cassava or tapioca).
- You need of Palm oil.
- It’s of Potash.
- It’s of Fried fish.
- It’s of Garden egg.
- It’s of Crayfish.
- You need of Fresh pepper.
- It’s of Ghana pepper.
- You need of Onions.
- You need of Seasoning cubes and salt.
- Prepare of Grinded ehuru (African nut meg).
Abacha (African salad) step by step
- Ingredients required!.
- Put the dried abacha in a bowl, pour some water and soak for about 10mins. Drain to remove water. Set aside..
- Put potash in a little bowl, and add water to it. Dissolve the potash..
- Chop the onions and pound the pepper. Set aside..
- Wash and cut the garden egg leaves. Grind the crayfish with the ehuru seeds. Set aside..
- In a pot, pour palm oil, add the potash water little by little and stir continuously until a thick yellowish paste is formed. Add the onions, pepper, crayfish, garden egg leaves, seasoning cubes and salt and stir everything together.
- Then start adding the abacha you've soaked and drained little by little and stir well to ensure everything gets well mixed.
- Mix until everything gets fully combined. Taste for salt/seasoning, add if necessary. Your abacha is ready..
- Serve with the fried fish. Garnish with garden egg leaves and chopped onions. Enjoy!.