Moist and light sponge cake (Japanese style decoration cake).
You can have Moist and light sponge cake (Japanese style decoration cake) using 7 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist and light sponge cake (Japanese style decoration cake)
- Prepare 3 of (4) eggs, separate white and yolks.
- You need 100-130 g of (133-175g) of Sugar (You can adjust sugar amount according to your taste.).
- Prepare 100 g (133 g) of plain flour (I think that you could use self-rising flour but we do not have it in Japan, so I have not tried to make it with it.).
- Prepare 50 ml (67 ml) of milk.
- It’s 30 g (40 g) of butter (You could use margarine instead. But anyway, this recipe uses a very small amount of butter compared to most of the British recipes. So, I use butter always.).
- Prepare of Vanilla pod or Vanilla extract (You could omit it if you do not have it. But it would be nicer with.).
- You need of (The amounts in brackets are for 18 cm cake tin and without is for 15cm cake tin.).
Moist and light sponge cake (Japanese style decoration cake) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees..
- Put the milk and butter and vanilla beans in a microwave-safe cup and 600-watt microwave for 1 mins (1:10 mins) until butter melts. If you use vanilla pods, please put the vanilla beans here..
- Take out the milk and butter mixture from the microwave oven and mix the liquid very well. And let it cool a little bit..
- Line cake tin with baking parchment. If you spread oil, the parchment sticks easier. But it isn’t essential. If you do not have baking parchment, you could thinly spread butter and sprinkle flour..
- Beat the 3 (4) egg-whites in a clean and dry bowl. Please use an electric hand mixer if you have one..
- Add half amount of sugar and keep beating.
- Add another half of sugar and keep beating until it becomes meringue with a peak.
- Add 3 (4) egg yolks and beat well again until it become smooth like the photo below. If you use vanilla extract, put here..
- Sift in the flour and mix lightly in using a large wooden spoon or a spatula and mix lightly. Please never knead it nor mix it too much. Mix like holding them..
- Pour the milk and butter mixture on to the step 9 little by little. Please never pure all of the liquid all at once. That will make the sponge tough. Gently hold the mixture well..
- Pour the batter into the cake tin (step 4). Try to pour the last bit of the batter not to the centre but the side as they are a bit heavier dough prevent from raising..
- Drop the tin a least several times to get rid of air bubbles..
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean..
- When taking out the cake, drop it again in order to avoid shrinking..
- Take off the parchment. Put clean twisted dump cloth over and bottom of the sponge while cooling, in order not to get it dry. Once the sponge cake becomes cool down, now it is the time to decorate it!.
- Then, slice the cake into two and just decorate it with whipped cream and fruits. The best result will be the following day as it will become moist from the cream..