You can have Cottage pie using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- It’s 500 g of minced beef.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of small onion grated.
- It’s 2 of small carrots grated.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic grated.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Worceshire sauce.
- You need 2 of Oxo cubes (beef stock cubes).
- Prepare 300 ml of warm water.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 200 ml of red wine.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of rosemary (dry).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Thymes (dry).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of hot chilli powder (optional).
- It’s of Mashed potatoes top.
- You need 500-550 g of floury potatoes cut to medium -small chunk (same size).
- It’s 50 g of butter.
- You need 100 of milk.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 of + Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese to top.
- Prepare of Salt & black pepper.
Cottage pie instructions
- Heat up the oven at 190 c or 200 c for Halogen oven..
- Heat up the pan with olive oil and brown the minced beef. Season with salt & pepper..
- Add grated onion, carrots and garlic..
- Add worceshire sauce, tomato puree, rosemary and thymes. Stir them and let them cook. Don’t forget to season with salt & pepper..
- Pour in the red wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated. Add the oxo cubes and water, simmer until the sauce has thickened..
- When we reducing the sauce, cook the potatoes with high heat from cold salted water until the water are boiling. Reduce to low heat, close the lid for 8 -10 minutes. Drain them in colander and leave them dry for 5 minutes. Then return them to the pan. Mash them. Leave them to one side and add milk and butter in the pan. Season with salt & pepper..
- Heat the milk & butter. When the butter are melted. Mix the mashed potatoes in milk & butter. Turn off the heat. beat in the egg yolks, followed by about 2 tbsp grated Parmesan. Mix them up. Check for seasoning..
- Now we are ready to assemble. Add all beef sauce in the bowl (oven bowl or Pyrex bowl). Then add mashed potatoes on top. Season with salt, pepper and grated parmesan cheese on top of mashed potatoes. Don’t forget to fluff the top of mashed potatoes before putting in the oven..
- Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. I baked them in halogen oven for 30 minutes..
- Now, it’s ready yo be served.