Muffins with feta cheese and olives. They are perfect for kids too. These easy muffins convey rich flavors that will carry you through the Greek islands like a breeze. In another bowl mix the olive oil, the eggs and the yoghurt.
Then, add the olives and the feta cheese or anthotyro in little cubes, stirring lightly. Savoury Muffins are cheesy muffins studded with Mediterranean flavours – olives, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and feta! Because these stay fresh for several days, they're ideal as a food gift, a school fete, lunchbox idea, and making ahead for afternoon tea with friends or to serve in place of bread rolls at dinner. You can cook Muffins with feta cheese and olives using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Muffins with feta cheese and olives
- You need 250 g of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 300 g of feta cheese or anthotyro (traditional fresh cheese).
- You need 100 g of olives (with the pits removed) cut in pieces.
- You need 150 ml of olive oil.
- You need 1 of little bit of milk (if needed).
- Prepare 300 g of yoghurt 2%.
- You need 4 of whole eggs.
- You need 4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1-2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 of little bit of butter to grease the tray or muffin paper cups.
Stir the sifted flour together with baking powder, salt, sugar and oregano. Separately, beat the egg with the yoghurt, then add feta cheese and olives. Add the flour mixture to this mixture while stirring. Fold in chopped olives, sund-dried tomatoes, feta, and green onions.
Muffins with feta cheese and olives instructions
- Preheat the oven at about 170°C and place the second oven rack from the bottom..
- In a bowl mix the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda, the oregano and the salt. In another bowl mix the olive oil, the eggs and the yoghurt. Add all the liquids to the bowl with the flour and with a large spoon we combine them well. If the mixture is too firm add a bit of milk. Then, add the olives and the feta cheese or anthotyro in little cubes, stirring lightly..
- Butter the muffin molds or use muffin cups and distribute the mixture so that it fills about slightly over 2/3 of each cup. Bake for 30’, if the muffins are large και 20’ if you make small ones..
Spoon about ¼ cup of dough into a prepared muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, pepper and herbs. Separately, whisk together the milk, yogurt, egg, oil and garlic. Add the milk mixture to the flour, together with the olives and cheese – reserve some olive slices for the tops of the muffins if desired. Gently stir the mixture until just combined – do not overmix.