Cornmeal Gluten Free Muffins (GF,V). Combine the gluten-free flour and cornmeal in a large mixing bowl. Pour the buttermilk or cream into the bowl, and stir to evenly moisten the flours. Combine the cornmeal, amaranth flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended.
Since most cornmeal is not gluten-free due to cross-contact during processing, you need to find a gluten-free corn flour. While the corn flour does most of the heavy-lifting when it comes to flavor, I wanted just a hint of crunch. Gluten free corn flour – I prefer corn flour to cornmeal as it makes fluffier muffins. You can cook Cornmeal Gluten Free Muffins (GF,V) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornmeal Gluten Free Muffins (GF,V)
- Prepare 100 g of Cornmeal.
- It’s 160 g of Rice flour.
- You need 100 g of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Cinnamon.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 50 g of Margarine.
- Prepare 50 g of Rapesead oil.
- Prepare 240 g of Soy milk.
Gluten free flour blend – I have tested this recipe with several gluten free flour blends. I advise avoiding any gluten free flour blend that has bean flour because it will make this cornbread bitter. Butter – you can substitute vegan. Crumbly, sweet, and filling – Gluten-Free Cornbread is sure to be a staple in your gluten-free kitchen.
Cornmeal Gluten Free Muffins (GF,V) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees(Gas mark4)..
- Lightly grease the muffin tin..
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon..
- In a separate bowl, mix together melted margarine and rapeseed oil.Pour the soy milk into the butter and the oil mixture and then mix the eggs..
- Pour the butter mixture into the cornmeal mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will still be lumpy). Pour the mix batter into the prepared muffin tin..
- Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn meal muffin comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Remove the cornmeal muffins from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving..
This gluten-free cornbread recipe is simple, uses minimal ingredients, and serves as a fantastic side to soups, stews, and BBQ. You can make this gluten-free cornbread in a pan or into gluten-free cornbread muffins! Yellow cornmeal is slightly sweeter than white cornmeal (also gluten-free), so it's often preferred in baking muffins, bread, or pastries. You can certainly use white cornmeal if you have it on hand or prefer it. The texture will be the same if you use white cornmeal, if it is the same grind as your yellow cornmeal.