Japanese Apple Pie (with custard).
You can have Japanese Apple Pie (with custard) using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Apple Pie (with custard)
- You need of Home made custard.
- Prepare of https://cookpad.com/za/recipes/8072933.
- It’s of Apple filling.
- It’s 6 of apples.
- Prepare 4-5 TBS of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 TBS of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare of Pie.
- It’s 2 sheet of Frozen Puff pastry sheet.
- It’s of To bake.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
Japanese Apple Pie (with custard) instructions
- Preheat your oven at 200℃. Keep frozen pie sheet at room temperature..
- Please check my custard recipe here: https://cookpad.com/za/recipes/8072933.
- To prepare apple filling: peel and slice your apples. I prefer to use 2 types of apples to have 2 different texture.
- Mix with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cover your pan with kitchen paper and heat it at low heat. Cook, stirring often, until the apple soften and reduce liquid..
- Place the thawed pastry sheet in your pan. Arrange your custard and apple filling..
- Cut another sheet into about 1.5cm wide strips. Cross the strips over the apple and around the edge. Crimp the bottom pastry sheet over the edge strips with your fingers..
- Brush the top with egg yolk and bake for 20 to 30 mins at 200℃..
- I used this puff pastry sheet. Of course, you can make pastry dough if you know!!!!.