Apple Crumble Muffin. One test kitchen professional said these Apple Crumb Muffins are like a classic apple muffin "with a nutty essence." We love these Apple Crumb Muffins because the texture is spot-on; one test kitchen professional said they "aren't so soft they will fall apart, but they are almost cake-like in their softness." Make a batch of these tender muffins to have for breakfasts on the go, bake. Fabulous apple muffins with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping! Give them a try — you won't be sorry!
The recipe is sponsored by Cabot Cheese. One of the things that sets this apple muffin recipe apart from the rest is the sensational crumb topping that takes just a minute or two to make. It's a simple combination of pecans, butter, sugar and flour. You can cook Apple Crumble Muffin using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Crumble Muffin
- You need 280 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of ..
- You need 120 grams of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 250 ml of milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of veg oil.
- It’s 250 grams of cooking apples or green apples chopped.
- You need of For the streusel.
- It’s 50 grams of plain flour.
- You need 35 grams of butter, chilled and diced.
- It’s 25 grams of sugar.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add the milk and apple, and mix on low speed until everything is combined. Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top. Press a handful of the crumb topping into the top of each; crumble it with your hands to make some big chunks. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a large bowl and combine with a wire whisk.
Apple Crumble Muffin step by step
- Make the streusel. Rub butter and flour till it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar. Set aside…
- Sift flour, baking powder cinnamon and salt and placed them in a bowl. Lightly beat the eggs then beat in the milk and veg oil..
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently. Add in the chopped apples.. Spoon into muffin cases, sprinkle the streusel on top..
- Bake on 180c for 20 minutes.
Add the unpeeled diced apples to the flour mixture and toss well to ensure the apples are well coated. Spiced Apple Crumble Muffins are moist, tender, and buttery – perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snacking. Filled with fresh apples, warm spices, and topped with a brown sugar crumble. If you have an apple or two on hand, you may want to give these spiced apple crumble muffins a try. Apple cinnamon muffins have a sweet crumble topping and a drizzle of homemade icing.