Cape Verde: Caldo Verde.
You can cook Cape Verde: Caldo Verde using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cape Verde: Caldo Verde
- You need of onions.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s of chorizo sausage.
- You need of chicken or veg stock.
- It’s of curly leaf kale.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Cape Verde: Caldo Verde step by step
- Start by peeling and chopping all your veg..
- Heat some oil in a large pan or casserole dish..
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 mins).
- Pour in the chicken stock and add the potatoes with a good grind of salt and pepper..
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 20mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the chorizo and fry it in a frying pan. You won't need to add any oil as the chorizo will do that itself..
- Once the potatoes are soft, give them a gentle mash with a masher but don't make mashed potato, just crushed a little..
- Add the chorizo to the soup and bring to the boil again..
- Squeeze the lemon or lime then add the kale. You might need to add a little more water in which case bring to the boil again. Cook until the kale looks a nice bright green..