Matar Paneer Burger.
You can cook Matar Paneer Burger using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matar Paneer Burger
- It’s 100 gm of grated paneer (Indian cottage cheese).
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen green peas (boiled and drained).
- Prepare 2 of medium sized potatoes, boiled and peeled.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies/jalapenos, finely chopped.
- You need 1inch of piece ginger, grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chaat masala powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coriander leaves/cilantro.
- You need 2-3 slices of bread, crust removed.
- You need 2 tbsp of or more of cornflour.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s As required of Oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare As required of Burger buns.
- It’s of FOR SERVING:.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of cucumber, sliced thin.
- You need As required of spinach leaves, washed and drained.
- Prepare As required of Pickled jalapenos (optional).
- You need As required of Sliced red onions (optional).
- You need As needed of Hot sauce/sriracha sauce/red chilli sauce/ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dill mayonnaise (stir in few finely chopped dill leaves in mayonnaise along with a squeeze of lime juice).
- You need As required of Butter for roasting the burger buns.
Matar Paneer Burger step by step
- Crush cooked peas in a blender or food processor to a coarse paste. Mix crumbled boiled potatoes, grated paneer, crushed peas, finely chopped green chilies, grated ginger, finely chopped coriander leaves, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt to taste with your hands until mixed..
- Add the soaked bread and cornflour; mix well to form a firm dough which does not stick to your hands; adjusting the amount of both..
- Refrigerate for about 15 to 20 minutes and then make small patties out of them. At this point, you can refrigerate the patties again to get a firmer matar paneer patty..
- Slice burger buns horizontally into two and roast the cut sides on a hot griddle with some butter until light golden brown. Keep aside..
- On the same griddle, drizzle some oil and shallow fry matar paneer patties on both sides, on medium high heat until golden brown and slightly crisp and firm. Remove and let cool slightly..
- Serve matar paneer burgers on toasted buns which are slathered with dill mayonnaise and desired toppings like tomatoes, sliced cucumber, spinach leaves, pickled jalapenos etc. along with condiments like ketchup, hot sauce, sriracha sauce etc..
- Serve crispy, flavorful and healthy plant-based Matar Paneer Indian flavored Veggie burger with a side of crisp french fries, potato chips or just a soup! Enjoy!!.
- NOTES: I have used eggless mayonnaise for the dill sauce; you can use the ones with egg. For additional crunch and flavor, you can use sliced red onions as a topping. Customize your burger with any of your favorite add ons or toppings: dill pickles, cheese slices, caramelized onions etc..