Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Need To Be Eating.
You already know that the body requires the heart to be healthy. Give it some thought: How can the rest of your body remain healthy if your heart is in unhealthy? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you should stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you already know, however, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthier? Today, you will learn which foods are good for your heart.
Beans, believe it or not, are really good for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of eating beans might not be the best for your nose, but they are extremely healthy for you. It doesn’t mean, however, that just eating beans will undo the damaging effects of consuming junk foods or make your heart better by magic. What is true, though, is that including green beans on your salad rather than chicken or consuming soy burgers instead of beef hamburgers is a superb course of action to take. Luckily, beans are delicious and you never know, you could end up preferring them to your beefburgers and chicken.
There are lots of foods you will find that that are good for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are especially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try to start incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart will benefit from it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low carb cottage pie recipe. To cook low carb cottage pie you need 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Take 2 T of coconut oil.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Use 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Take 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- Use 2 of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- Use 800 g of beef mince.
- Get 60 g of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Get 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 t of dried thyme.
- Take 3 of bay leaves.
- Use 2 T of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- Prepare 1 of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Get 1 t of nutmeg.
- Provide 2 T of coconut oil.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
If you find this Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.