Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Abacha(african salad) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Abacha(african salad) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Coconut Oil Is Really A Fantastic Product And Can Also Be Beneficial For Your Health.
Coconut oil is going to be something that can actually help folks live a longer and healthier life and something you need to begin to use today. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this device will have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. Something else I want to mention about the use of coconut oil is that it is not only a thing that can be used internally or externally, it’s something that can be used for both. Coconut oil is a lot more advantageous than other oils you can purchase and in the following paragraphs we will be telling you why.
Virtually any other kind of cooking oil you may possibly use will end up turning into fat within your body, nevertheless this is not the case when you use coconut oil. The main reason for this is the fact that the ingredients that are in coconut oil are easily turned into energy and so the coconut oil is burned off very fast. This also means that you are going to end up producing energy within your body from the usage of this product, so it helps you to not feel sluggish all the time.
There is currently studies being done that are leading people to the conclusion that coconut oil can possibly fight off bacterial and viral infections within the body, however this isn’t yet been proven. One of the greatest things you will be able to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil instead of the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. There’s no doubt that in time organizations will be marketing coconut oil supplements, but now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can start using today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to abacha(african salad) recipe. You can have abacha(african salad) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Abacha(african salad):
- Prepare of Abacha (dried shredded cassava) 100g Ugba(Ukpaka).
- You need of Palm Oil 2 tablespoonful ground Crayfish.
- Provide of ground Ehuru(calabash nutmeg)(optional).
- You need of level teaspoon ground Potash(akaun).
- You need of Stock cube/ powder(seasoning cube) 1 large or 2 small Onions.
- Get of Chili Pepper/ any hot pepper (to taste) Salt.
- Take of tablespoonful finely chopped Garden Egg leave.(You can use.
- Get of thinly sliced utazi leaves or spinach leaves as an alternative).
- Provide of Boiled Dried fish or Stockfish Kpomo or Kanda (cow skin).
Instructions to make Abacha(african salad):
- First wash, season and cook the kpomo(slice the kpomo into tiny bits). b. Soak the dry prawns in hot water to soften them a bit and strain. c. If you haven,t done this yet, also cut the fresh fish and fry. Also shred the boiled dried fish / stock fish. Then set all aside for later use..
- Dissolve the ground akaun (potash) in about 3-4 tablespoonful of water and pass through a sieve to remove particles. Set the liquid aside for later use. e. Rinse the Ugba in lukewarm water, strain and set aside. f. Place the dry abacha in a bowl and soak in cold water for about 8 minutes until it goes from pure white color.
- Another method is to pour hot boiling water over the dry abacha, stir well and leave to soak for 1-2 minutes. Then pour the abacha into a sieve and let the water strain..
- Slice one onion bulb into rings, and dice or pound the other onion bulb. Now for the preparation…. 1. Pour the palm oil into a clean dry pot, add the potash liquid and mix until the color begins to chage from orange to yellow and the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Add the crayfish, pepper, diced/pounded onions, the ground ehuru(calabash nutmeg), ogiri and stock bube, mix thoroughly until well combined. 3. Now, place the pot on low heat, add the strained abacha and adjust for salt if neccessary. Mix well and put off the heat as soon as the abacha is warmed up. Tip: don't leave the abacha for too long on heat, or you'll end up with ''Abacha pottage'' :).
- You can choose to serve the meal as it is, along with the accompaniments, but if you choose to go further and mix it all in one pot. 4. Then, add the ugba(ukpaka),chopped garden eggs, the cooked dried/stock fish(if using), softened large prawns, and the kpomo. Mix well until all the ingredients are well blended..
- Finally, add the sliced leaves, stir well and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish the prepared Abacha ncha (African salad), with the onion rings and fried fish…Enjoy!.
If you find this Abacha(african salad) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.