Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Abacha(african salad) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Abacha(african salad) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Abacha(african salad) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about In The Following Paragraphs We’re Going To Be Checking Out The Lots Of Benefits Of Coconut Oil.
Coconut oil is going to be one thing that can actually help people live a longer and healthier life and something you ought to start using today. Unlike other products you can purchase available today this item is going to have a wide variety of health benefits for your body. Something else I would like to mention regarding the use of coconut oil is that it is not only something that can be used internally or externally, it’s a thing that can be used for both. If you are wondering what a few of these benefits are you need to be happy to understand that we’re going to be explaining to you on this page what some of these benefits could be.
I am certain you’ve never given consideration to opening up a bottle of vegetable oil and rubbing it on your skin and hair, but if you do this with coconut oil it can provide you with loads of benefits. You are going to see that this will actually help anyone who may possess some sort of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil provides a healing effect. Of course you do not need to have a skin rash to use this, as this is full of antioxidants which is healthy for your skin and will also make your skin feel extremely smooth.
There is currently studies being done which are leading men and women to the realization that coconut oil can even fight off bacterial and viral infections in the body, nevertheless this is not yet been proven. One of the best things you are going to have the ability to do for your body is to begin using coconut oil as opposed to the other oils that you may possibly be using at this current time. There is no doubt that in time businesses are going to be marketing coconut oil supplements, nevertheless now that you’re aware of the benefits this is something you can begin using today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to abacha(african salad) recipe. You can have abacha(african salad) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Abacha(african salad):
- Provide of Abacha (dried shredded cassava) 100g Ugba(Ukpaka).
- Get of Palm Oil 2 tablespoonful ground Crayfish.
- Take of ground Ehuru(calabash nutmeg)(optional).
- Get of level teaspoon ground Potash(akaun).
- Use of Stock cube/ powder(seasoning cube) 1 large or 2 small Onions.
- Use of Chili Pepper/ any hot pepper (to taste) Salt.
- You need of tablespoonful finely chopped Garden Egg leave.(You can use.
- Take of thinly sliced utazi leaves or spinach leaves as an alternative).
- Take of Boiled Dried fish or Stockfish Kpomo or Kanda (cow skin).
Instructions to make Abacha(african salad):
- First wash, season and cook the kpomo(slice the kpomo into tiny bits). b. Soak the dry prawns in hot water to soften them a bit and strain. c. If you haven,t done this yet, also cut the fresh fish and fry. Also shred the boiled dried fish / stock fish. Then set all aside for later use..
- Dissolve the ground akaun (potash) in about 3-4 tablespoonful of water and pass through a sieve to remove particles. Set the liquid aside for later use. e. Rinse the Ugba in lukewarm water, strain and set aside. f. Place the dry abacha in a bowl and soak in cold water for about 8 minutes until it goes from pure white color.
- Another method is to pour hot boiling water over the dry abacha, stir well and leave to soak for 1-2 minutes. Then pour the abacha into a sieve and let the water strain..
- Slice one onion bulb into rings, and dice or pound the other onion bulb. Now for the preparation…. 1. Pour the palm oil into a clean dry pot, add the potash liquid and mix until the color begins to chage from orange to yellow and the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Add the crayfish, pepper, diced/pounded onions, the ground ehuru(calabash nutmeg), ogiri and stock bube, mix thoroughly until well combined. 3. Now, place the pot on low heat, add the strained abacha and adjust for salt if neccessary. Mix well and put off the heat as soon as the abacha is warmed up. Tip: don't leave the abacha for too long on heat, or you'll end up with ''Abacha pottage'' :).
- You can choose to serve the meal as it is, along with the accompaniments, but if you choose to go further and mix it all in one pot. 4. Then, add the ugba(ukpaka),chopped garden eggs, the cooked dried/stock fish(if using), softened large prawns, and the kpomo. Mix well until all the ingredients are well blended..
- Finally, add the sliced leaves, stir well and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish the prepared Abacha ncha (African salad), with the onion rings and fried fish…Enjoy!.
If you find this Abacha(african salad) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.