Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best African Salad AKA Abacha with Smoked Fish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to African Salad AKA Abacha with Smoked Fish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a fit and healthy heart. Think about it: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor greatly into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are several foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? Today, you will discover which foods are good for your heart.
Can you remember being told by your parents “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples are loaded with things that will promote a healthy heart. Appleas contain loads of soluble fiber which acts like a scrub brush on your artery walls so that cholesterol can’t take hold and build up into blockages. Consuming just a single Red Delicious apple daily can trigger as much as an eight percent drop in your bad cholesterol levels. This is a terrific number for a person who desires his or her heart to be healthier.
There are plenty of foods that you can consume that are beneficial for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in lots of different ways. These foods are particularly beneficial for the heart, though. Try incorporating these foods in your diet each day. Your heart will be a lot healthier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to african salad aka abacha with smoked fish recipe. To cook african salad aka abacha with smoked fish you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make African Salad AKA Abacha with Smoked Fish:
- Prepare of cksp Palm oil.
- Get of dry Sliced Tapioca (Abacha).
- You need of Ukpaka.
- Use of Ogiri (native bouilion spice).
- Provide of fresh yellow pepper (ose Nsukka).
- You need of red Onions diced.
- Provide of Blended Crayfish.
- Prepare of full Smoked Fish.
- Prepare of Bouillion Spice.
- You need of garden egg leaf (akwukwo ofe) (optional).
- Provide of salt.
Steps to make African Salad AKA Abacha with Smoked Fish:
- In a small bowl add 1/2 cup of water and add the potash, set aside and allow it to dissolve..
- Wash smoked fish with clean water, remove the bone and gut, rinse clean and set aside..
- Soak Tapioca in a bowl of cold water for about 5mins drain and set aside.
- In a mortar, add pepper, onions and crayfish; pound properly, it should not be smooth but chunky; set aside.
- Pour the palmoil in a medium sized pot, add the water of the dissolved potash, stir till its thick and yellow (very delicate mixture so be careful).
- Add the blended pepper, onions and crayfish, bouillion cube and salt to taste; stir and taste, add native bouillion (Ogiri) and mix in properly making sure that the native boullion is dissolved properly. then add tapioca (abacha) and Ukpaka and mix in. Taste to confirm that the salt and bouillion cube is enough..
- Some like to heat it up for a min while some do not; I don't heat up my Abacha, I love everything fresh; then add your sliced garden egg leaf..
If you find this African Salad AKA Abacha with Smoked Fish recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.