Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Shepards pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepards pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepards pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Quite A Lot Of You May Not Recognize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
Many people do not realize that coconut oil has many benefits to it and is in fact something you should be using on a regular basis. Something else I would like to mention relating to this product is that there are tons of different benefits available from it. Something else I want to point out regarding the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something which can be used internally or externally, it’s something that can be used for both. If you’re wondering what a few of these benefits are you ought to be happy to understand that we are going to be explaining to you in this article what a number of these benefits might be.
For individuals who have difficulties losing weight you are also going to find that coconut oil increases metabolism which helps you lose some weight a lot easier. When it comes to burning off calories and also burning off fat, you’re going to discover that coconut oil increases this by up to three times making it simpler and faster to lose weight. This is in fact great news for anybody has ever had difficulties trying to lose weight or for individuals that are trying to lose some weight quicker. And of course simply because your body is burning off calories you are also producing energy which is just an additional added benefit.
Something else I would like to point out is that there’ve actually been studies performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. If you have other oils in your house I would suggest eliminating them and replacing them with coconut oil due to the many benefits that can be associated with it. There are different vitamin organizations right now contemplating the thought of marketing coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you can begin receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepards pie recipe. You can have shepards pie using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shepards pie:
- Get of For the mashed potatoes:.
- Take 1 bag of potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare of Water to cook the potatoes (enough to cover).
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide of For the meat filling:.
- You need 3 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Provide 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- Provide 3-4 of carrots, finely diced.
- Take 500 g of mince lamb (or any mince meat of preference).
- Provide 2-3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 300 ml of beef stock/broth (or chicken).
- Take 2 tablespoon of tomato paste/purée.
- Get 1 teaspoon of dry rosemary.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dry thyme.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of dry parsley.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 of nutmeg powder, optional.
- Use of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas, soaked in warm water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of corn flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need of Garnish:.
- You need of Grated cheddar cheese, sprinkled over the top of the mash, optional.
- Use of Grated black pepper, optional.
Steps to make Shepards pie:
- Place the peeled and cut potatoes in medium sized pot. Cover potatoes with enough cold water and add salt. On high heat bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook potatoes until tender..
- While the potatoes cook, melt the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until translucent tender (roughly 6 to 10 minutes). Tip: if adding vegetables, include them according to their cooking time. Carrots should be cooked along with the onions, as they take as long as the onions do..
- Once onions and carrots are cooked to the pan or wok, add mince meat, Worcestershire sauce, stock/broth, tomato purée, herbs, paprika, cumin and nutmeg powder (optional) and season with salt and pepper. Stir frequently and cook until no longer pink. When the meat is fully cooked add the peas and cook for about a minute as peas take little time to cook. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Tip: if the pie filling looks dry add more stock/broth to prevent meat drying out..
- Now check potatoes are cooked. Tip: when you can pierce it with a knife or fork, and it easily goes through and slides off. Turn of heat and remove the potatoes from the pot using a slotted spoon and place in a bowl..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6..
- In a bowl or sauce pan add butter and milk, mash potato using a fork or potato masher, and season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Taste the meat mixture and adjust seasoning if necessary (add more pepper, salt etc). Once the meat filling has reduced, turn off the heat. In a small bowl add corn flour and water. Mix and add to the mixture. Once the mixture is thickened to preference turn heat off..
- To assemble, layer all of the meat mixture at the bottom of casserole dish..
- Then spread the mash on top. To create texture rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork. If using grated cheese, sprinkle over the top of the mashed potato..
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until bubbling and the surface has browned (roughly 30 minutes). If necessary, change the oven setting to grill for a few minutes towards the end to brown the tops..
- Place a serving of Shepard's pie on a plate or bowl. Serve and eat immediately while hot. Tip: Pie can also be served with extra gravy and a side of green vegetables..
If you find this Shepards pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.