Corrie's Cottage Pie.
You can have Corrie's Cottage Pie using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corrie's Cottage Pie
- Prepare of Meat Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 300 ml of water.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube.
- Prepare 1 can of carrots.
- You need 1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce (optional).
- It’s of Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 4 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of grated cheese (optional).
Corrie's Cottage Pie instructions
- Crush the garlic with the flat end of a knife and chop finely. Chop the onion into dices..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or pot and add the onion and garlic. Fry on a low to medium heat for 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt..
- Add the beef mince and cook through until brown. Drain off the fat..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture and stir well. Add the water and stir again..
- Add the carrots and bring the mixture to the boil. Add a dash of Worcestershire Sauce, if using. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Wash and peel the potatoes then cut into equal sized chunks..
- Place the potatoes in a pot and pour over cold water, just enough to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. When a potato slips of the blade of a knife easily, then they are ready :).
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Mash well, leaving no lumps then stir in the milk and butter. Mix well..
- In a casserole dish, line all of the meat sauce on the bottom. Top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth the potatoes with a fork. Sprinkle some cheese on top if you like..
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crispy. Serve and enjoy!.