Whosayna’s Australian Pie.
You can cook Whosayna’s Australian Pie using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whosayna’s Australian Pie
- Prepare For of Base:.
- You need 11/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 2 heapful tbsp of Butter/Margarine.
- It’s For of Top:.
- You need as needed of Puff Pastry sheets.
- Prepare For of Filling:.
- You need 1/2 kg of Steak (Chinese Cut).
- You need As needed of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper powder.
- It’s 1 of small piece of Ginger (slivered).
- You need 5 cloves of Garlic cloves (chopped).
- It’s 4 of Tomatoes (blend it).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sweet Corns.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 cup of chopped Veggies (Capsicum, French Beans and Carrots).
Whosayna’s Australian Pie step by step
- Base: Boil butter or margarine in one cup of water. Mix dry ingredients well bind to soft dough using hot butter and water mixture. Cover with cling film.
- Filling: In a bowl put steak add little salt, black pepper powder and flour, mix well. In pressure cooker put oil add onions and sprinkle a tsp of sugar then braise to brown colour. Add steak and braise till it nice brown colour add the rest with one and half cups of water, mix well close the lid and cook till done. If it's watery dry on high flame.
- Can add veggies and sweet corns when drying water. Make sure it's saucy not dried up. Pie Filling: Roll rotis the one and half to two inches bigger then the pie or tart moulds. Lay the roti on the greased moulds and press the sides till the rim, can cut of extra Poke with fork on the base Bake in oven on 200°C till creamish brown, i usually make this before preparing the filling so by the time the filling is done all bases are ready to be filled. Let it cool then do filling..
- Top up with puff pastry rotis just a little bigger then the top of mould then pinch and press the edges all over. Slit on the top then glaze with beaten egg Bake in oven on 200°C till nice golden brown colour.