Apple pie. To freeze Baked Pie: Assemble and bake pie as directed in recipe. Wrap pie tightly with plastic wrap. This is by far the best apple pie I've ever had, and anyone who likes apple pie who has tried it agrees, this is a wonderful variation of an all-American favorite.
In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. The lattice crust is essential because it lets you pour the caramel mixture over the top and it drains into the fresh apples underneath while leaving a thin coat on the lattice crust. You can have Apple pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- You need of Dough:.
- It’s 75 gr of margarine.
- You need 50 gr of butter.
- It’s 50 gr of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanila.
- You need 250 gr of flour.
- Prepare 1 pc of egg.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- You need 2 pc of big apple.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 20 gr of cornstarch.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg powder.
Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. In a large food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Homemade Apple Pie This is absolutely the best homemade apple pie you'll ever make! It has a flaky, buttery crust and a tender, lightly-spiced apple pie filling.
Apple pie instructions
- To make dough: combine margarine, butter, vanila and sugar in one mixing bowl. Mix at low speed until smooth about 2 minutes. Pour the flour into the mixer gradually and pour the egg into mixture and then mix at medium speed until become sandy texture.
- Rolled the dough until thin. Then mold the dough into the pan (remember, brush with melted butter and dusting it with flour). Make a joke in the middle with fork..
- Combine filling and pour the filling into the shell.
- Brush on top with yolk and baked it 170° 45 minute.
Use a combination of apples for best flavor, and bake until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly! When Courtney Page Ferrell set out to find her grandmother's long-lost apple pie recipe, she got much more than she bargained for. The Virginia-based creative consultant and sought-after speaker put up 'Lost Pie' signs around her neighborhood (and other cities, when she was traveling) and received a slew of recipes and stories from other apple pie lovers. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings. Every year, especially around the holidays, the desire to make apple pie surges.