Soft layered chapati. Chapati is a tasty and delicious unleavened flat bread similar to Indian parathas. The Kenyan style chapati is layered which makes it very soft and a very. Soft Chapati Recipe (How To Make Layered Chapati).
The secret to a soft layered Kenyan chapati is the dough. A dough that is soft will also produce soft chapati's. Chapati, also commonly known as Chapo's. You can have Soft layered chapati using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft layered chapati
- Prepare 500 gms of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Sugar.
In a hot pan, place the rolled out circular chapati and fry each side with little oil until its golden brown on medium heat. Making soft layered chapati requires time and skills. This article will explain the steps of making either soft brown or white chapati. Getting soft layered chapati is always the aim when it comes to cooking chapati.
Soft layered chapati instructions
- Assemble all your ingredients.
- Boil water.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and oil.
- Make a well at the center and add hot water, stir using a wooden stick.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead it,cover with a cling film, let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Make sizeable balls, roll and apply oil.
- Roll towards one end to make a log, then make balls.
- Leave it to rest for 15 minutes then roll again.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Serve with any stew.
This is the second method I have learnt that will guarantee you the softest chapati you will ever eat! Making Kenyan soft layered chapati is a lot of fun but requires time. No wonder many people prefer direct chapati. Making layered chapati also need some skills to get those layers on the chapatti. How to make soft chapathi at home with tips and step by step pictures !