You can cook Älpermakronen using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Älpermakronen
- You need of penne.
- It’s of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare of bacon.
- You need of large white onion cut in half slice thin.
- You need of EXTRA SHARP cheddar in a block.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of sliced jalapenos in a jar with juice.
- You need of large taters waxier texture/ready to turn.
- Prepare of pan, 1 large pot and 1 DEEP pan or pot.
- Note I cook noodles and taters in a large pot while using 2 pans; the deeper one for cheese sauce and spices/seasoning, the regular one for onions and bacon. You will save alot of time cooking this way, stove cooking is 30 to 45 min and oven cooking is about 30 minutes..
- Cut taters into wedges and boil in pot with the box of penne. You want your taters to be a waxier variety so they don't break down and turn to mush. I have found if I use any tater I like, if it is stale…right before it turns they get a bit rubberized it works great! You can use fresh taters too they just mash and crumble easier, so be careful when mixing. When done drain and put into casserole dish..
- In 1 pan: Slice 1 large white onion in thin slices and carmelize it by cooking it in with the 1lb of bacon which has been chopped. Do not add grease the bacon grease will take care of the onions..
- In a deep pan 2: chop the cheddar into cubes or blocks so it will melt easier. Add in the nutmeg, paprika and heavy whipping cream along with the jalapenos and juice. Let all melt together..
- Pour the bacon and onions with the grease into your melted cheese mixture. Mix well then pour onto the penne and taters. Make sure you cover the penne and taters good. Bake at 350° for about 30 min or until bubbly..