Spaghetti pie from Messolonghi. Spaghetti pie from Messolonghi Cookpad Greece Greece. Makaronopita (spaghetti pie), a traditional dish. Spread ricotta over spaghetti crust then pour in meat sauce.
In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, melted butter and Parmesan cheese until blended. Add spaghetti and toss to coat. Spread cottage cheese onto bottom; top with beef mixture. You can cook Spaghetti pie from Messolonghi using 9 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti pie from Messolonghi
- You need 125 g of (1/4 of the packet) spaghetti No10.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- It’s 1 l of milk.
- Prepare 400 g of feta cheese.
- You need of Ingredients for the dough.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
This simple spaghetti pie recipe is easy and fun to make; use leftover cooked pasta for a super quick weeknight meal or dinner party standout. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese.
Spaghetti pie from Messolonghi instructions
- Break the spaghetti into 4 equal parts (first in half and then once more in half),.
- Boil them for 10 minutes and then strain them..
- Place teh strained spaghetti into the empty pot and add 1 l of cold milk. Set the pot aside without any heat and let it stay until you prepare the dough and roll out the filo sheets for the pie..
- Start making the dough. Place the flour and the salt in a bowl and mix..
- Make a well in the middle and add the oil..
- Then add the water gradually using one hand and mixing the flour and oil with the other until your dough is formed. Knead for 4 minutes until you have a dough that is neιther too firm or too soft..
- Shape it into a large ball..
- Divide the large ball into three medium-sized ones and one that is slightly larger..
- Take one of the smaller balls to roll out your first filo sheet. Use an even broomstick as a rolling pin because the dough doesn't stick to it..
- As you roll out the filo sheet dust the dough with a little flour in order to roll out better..
- The secret in rolling out a large round and thin filo sheet is to do the followingas you roll out the filo, wrap all of it on the rolling pin.
- And press with your fingers the end of the filo sheet to make it larger..
- Roll out the larger ball into a filo sheet that is slightly thicker than the others and with a diameter of 60 cm. This filo sheet is the bottom of your pie and it should be larger so that it falls out the sides of the baking tray. Roll out the two remaining balls into thin filo sheets of 40 cm diameter..
- Place them one on top of the other, they won't stick together until you place them later in the baking tray..
- Brush a baking tray of 40 cm diamεter with oil.
- And line it with the large filo sheet. Preheat the oven for a quarter of an hour to 200°C using the radiant elements..
- Now you are ready to finish with the filling. Add the feta cheese to the pot with the milk and the spaghetti.
- After you first crumble it..
- Then beat the eggs whole in a bowl for three minutes (add 1 tsp of salt if your feta cheese isn't salty). Add the beaten eggs to the pot, mix everything together and the filling is ready..
- Return to the baking tray and pour in 1/3 of the filling over the large filo sheet. Spread it (the feta cheese and the spaghetti) evenly throughout the baking tray and tip the pot so that 1/3 of the liquids also pours into the baking tray..
- Then place one of the smaller filo sheets that you have rolled out over the filling..
- Repeat with 1/3 filling and 1/3 liquids then filo sheet and then the remaining filling keeping a little of the remaining liquids to pour over the last filo sheet. Place the last filo sheet that you have rolled out and then pour the little amount of liquids that you have kept as well as plenty of oil over it..
- Use a knife to cut the excess filo sheet off the sides of the baking tray..
- Place the baking tray at the bottom rack of the oven, turn up the heat to 230°C and bake for 25 minutes until the milk sets..
- Take out the pie, poke it almost all way through with a fork and place it in the middle rack of the oven this time for an additional 1 hour at 230°C. If you see that the pie has gotten golden brown sooner than the baking time cover it with some paper so thatthe top doesn't get crispy..
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and serve..
- You can serve the pieces upside down for a better visual result..
Grease a casserole dish with olive oil. Add the salt and pepper and mix well. #spaghettipie #spaghettipierecipe #spaghetti A Quick recipe of spaghetti pie for all those love to cook for themselves & for families. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions. Grease a deep-dish pie plate with olive oil.